Should You Use Herbicides When Removing Weeds?
Aside from using potent natural home remedies, the use of herbicides is one of the only ways to make the weed removal process have a longer lasting effect.
Most effective non-chemical weed removal tools can include mulching, natural home remedies, robust lawn maintenance or using other related methods.
Nevertheless, people often choose to use a herbicide to remove weeds. Like many other chemicals, when using herbicides it is extremely important to follow the directions provided precisely. Otherwise, the effectiveness of the chemical will fail to remove and/or control the weeds, causing desirable damage to plants or worst to restrict the ability to grow more plants.
The most crucial thing to consider when contemplating the use of herbicides is that this decision is not so cost-friendly.
So, how do you choose the right herbicide? Well, you would first want to identify the weed and choose the right herbicide for the job.
- When researching the right herbicide for the job, make a list of the type of weed you want to control.
- Note that a herbicide will not only kill the weed but any surrounding plant on the applicable site. So, you would want to make sure the chemical is safe to use around other plants in your garden or yard.
Here are a few quick tips on how to check the labeling for the class of herbicide that would be best suited for you.
- Herbicides that will destroy most plants that they come in contact with are called nonselective.
- Herbicides that will restrict different types of plants but not the others are called selective.
- Herbicides that control weeds after plants emerge are called postemergence. Postemergence herbicide works best with younger weeds.
|Note: It is encouraged to use nonchemical or natural mixtures alternatives whenever possible to limit the pollution of waterways.|
About The Author: Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m a Mom of 2 and I love DIY hacks, home decor ideas and non-toxic cleaning tips. I created this website to share my knowledge with a community of like-minded people who love simple, easy and safe ways to keep their home clean and inspiring. I hope you enjoy!