How to Clean Headlights With Toothpaste
Every headlight requires a clean or two throughout the week and most people wonder the best way to clean them. However, like riding a bike, cleaning a headlight is something most people think they know how to do, effortlessly. I mean why not, right? It’s a simple headlight, not like changing a tire, so what useful technique could there possibly be to cleaning headlights?
Not to shock you but, here are a few useful tips on how to clean car headlights with toothpaste, fast and efficiently. Chances are there’s probably a few methods mentioned here that you weren’t quite aware of before.
1. Use Toothpaste
So, how to clean headlights with toothpaste…
Well, toothpaste is found in almost every household—and is quite an adequate alternative ingredient for all-purposes homemade cleaners.
If you’re going to go with toothpaste to clean your headlights, then it is a good choice. Toothpaste is good for oxidization, removing scuffs and fogginess from the car lenses. Simply rubbing toothpaste to the headlights, will remove blots and watermarks.
- Apply toothpaste to the entire surface of the headlights.
- Wipe surface clean with a soft dampened cloth or sponge and rinse completely and immediately after applying.
- Rinse again and air-dry.
- Do not allow the toothpaste to settle on headlights.
- Never use rough material for wiping. A brush or scrubber will cause damage and scratches to the headlights.
When cleaning headlights, it is best to stay away from abrasive chemicals like ammonia, bleach or acid. Let’s now consider some other helpful tips on how to use toothpaste to clean and oxidized your headlights.
2. Use Toothpaste and Baking Soda
Because toothpaste is such a power ingredient on its own, most people don’t realize that it performs well with other ingredients. But like toothpaste, baking soda as a standalone works well for cleaning headlights, as well. Baking Soda, has the potential to be your best cleaning friend! Talk about versatility– Toothpaste and baking soda is just what you need when you’re cleaning your headlights.
- Mix toothpaste, 1/4 cup Baking Soda and warm water together.
- Using a soft cloth or sponge, apply the solution to the headlights.
- Wipe down and rinse under warm water.
Using toothpaste and baking soda to clean and remove frost from headlights is a very easy promising blend and is definitely worth the try.
3. Use Toothpaste and Windex
Get used to the idea of toothpaste! Toothpaste and Windex is a powerful cleaning combination to remove water spots and scum from headlights. To clean headlights with toothpaste and Windex, follow the directions below:
- Mix toothpaste, 1 cup of Windex, white distilled vinegar and warm water together.
- Using a spray bottle, stand 5-7 inches away from the car headlights and spray the solution.
- Wipe down and Rinse.
- Wipe with a dry soft cloth.
About The Author: Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m a Mom of 2 and I love DIY hacks, home decor ideas and non-toxic cleaning tips. I created this website to share my knowledge with a community of like-minded people who love simple, easy and safe ways to keep their home clean and inspiring. I hope you enjoy!